“…a completely original exhibit: THE TERRIBLE MACHINE. This, the world’s first found-footage VJing game, will stand proud in the center…”
Terrible Machine is a two player VJ game experience realized in collaboration with robotkid. A VCR theme informs the design, with custom controllers being mounted onto VHS boxes. An Arduino UNO processes input from arcade style buttons. An intermediate program, built with openFrameworks, intercepts serial messages and turns them into OSC. Finally, Resolume Avenue receives the OSC and triggers playback of clips and compositions, allowing the players to mix on top of a backing audio visual loop.
Sep 19, 2013 XOXO, Portland OR
Sep 9-18, 2013 The Two Head Cleaners & A Microphone Tour!
- 9/18 - Phoenix @ Filmbar 8PM & 10PM
- 9/17 - Tucson @ The Loft @ 7PM
- 9/16 - Albuquerque @ The Guild @ 9:45 PM
- 9/15 - Denver @ Sie Film Center @ 7:30 PM
- 9/14 - Salt Lake City @ Brewvies @ 10:30PM
- 9/13 - Boise @ Spacebar Arcade @ 10PM
- 9/12 - Seattle @ Central Cinema @ 8PM & 10PM
- 9/11 - Vancouver @ The Railway Club @ 9:30PM
- 9/10 - Portland @ Holocene @ 9PM
- 9/9 - Eugene @ The Opal Center @ 8PM
- 9/8 - Sacramento @ The Comedy Spot @ 8PM
- 9/7 - Oakland @ The New Parkway @ 8PM & 10PM
- 9/6 - San Francisco @ The Roxie @ 9:30PM
Aug 14-22, 2013 Everything is Festival IV, the Cinefamily, Los Angeles.